-
December 13th, 2001, 10:38 PM
#11
Inactive Member
So this Catch can?? It helps performance or what?? And if you gte the Hondata would you still need it??
------------------
N E M E S I S 4 Life Nor-Cal
12 Sec GSR on 6lb Pulley and boltons.
IM- NemeKwky12seclub
-
December 13th, 2001, 11:38 PM
#12
Inactive Member
Just do this setup open PCV setup, it's cheaper and cleaner to do:
http://forums.clubsi.com/ubb/Forum12/HTML/008639.html
I've had the same setup since I installed by JRSC about 2 yrs ago.
------------------
Innovator of the JRSC electronic boost controller
Test-Pipe O2 Simulator
J&S audible alarm
Mods
-
December 14th, 2001, 01:32 AM
#13
Inactive Member
I have also had an open air catch can setup for two years. No oil has ever accumulated in the can and my engine bay is no dirtier.
You can use a soda bottle and duct tape for this mod, so the only reason to spend big money is for looks.
------------------
Greg Holden
96 GSR, JSRC @10psi, All the Goodies!
Best 1/4 ==> 13.356 @ 105.92mph (non-drag street tires!)
My JRSC Install Site
-
December 14th, 2001, 04:15 AM
#14
Inactive Member
I have read about a oil catch can and it is possible to run up to 3 psi more of boost without detonation. Especialy on a blower engine it is good joice.
What do you think about it. Is it worth?
------------------
Car is under work for some bolt on?s 
http://www.geocities.com/superchargedtyper
http://community.webshots.com/user/austriantyper check out my ride!
-
December 14th, 2001, 04:20 AM
#15
Inactive Member
yes, get one. oil in the intake is not good for the motor.
------------------
More Stop Than Go Power.
-
December 14th, 2001, 07:02 PM
#16
Inactive Member
Some one please post pictures. I cannot get the pictures on Clubsi to come up.
------------------
95'GSR w/JRSC at 6psi.
1/8 mi. 8.44 at 81mph.
-
December 14th, 2001, 07:55 PM
#17
Inactive Member
I also made a homemade catch can. I used a clear 8oz. Nalgene bottle from REI, a breather filter, and the barbed fittings from my spare JRSC FPR. It only cost me a total of $10 for all the parts. Like Holden, I have yet to see any oil buildup in my catch can. I'm assuming this is an indication that my rings are sealing very well. I wonder, will any positive crankcase vapor exit trough the PCV valve or does it need some sort of vacuum assist?
------------------
2001 GS-R, JSRC 6psi, DC Headers, AEM CAI, Tanabe G-Power Exhaust, H&R Sport Springs, Tokico 5-Way Adjustables, MufflerTech Custom Test Pipe, 17" 5-Zigen GT8 Wheels, Neuspeed Short Shifter, B&M FP Gauge, JR MAP Controller, Zip's O2 Simulator
-
December 15th, 2001, 06:37 PM
#18
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SuperTeg:
Some one please post pictures. I cannot get the pictures on Clubsi to come up.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think photopoint.com is down at the moment. The pictures should be available once they are up again...
JT
------------------
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks